Updated: December 1, 2015
About our privacy practices
Representative Director,Operating Officer and President
- NEC Platforms obtains, uses and provides Personal Information properly based on Japanese Industrial Standard's "Personal Information Protection Management Systems - Requirements (JISQ 15001:2006)". NEC Platforms assigns a person in charge of protecting Personal Information at each of its relevant divisions, taking account of its organizational structure. Among other things, NEC Platforms takes appropriate measures not to handle Personal Information other than for the specified purposes.
- NEC Platforms abides by the laws, regulations and guidelines of Japan pertaining to the protection of Personal Information.
- NEC Platforms makes efforts to implement, through the adoption of necessary and appropriate security measures, the security control of Personal Information handled by NEC Platforms, including protection from disclosure, loss or damage.
- NEC Platforms appropriately responds to complaints and requests for consultation with respect to NEC Platforms's handling of Personal Information and its Personal Information protection management system. Please contact the designated person or place for inquiries.
- NEC Platforms makes efforts to continuously improve its Personal Information protection management system, including this policy.
About privacy mark
NEC Platforms is certified by the Japan Information Processing Development Center (JIPDEC) for granting the Privacy Mark to be granted to enterprisers which conduct proper handling of the Personal Information.
Purposes of utilization of Personal Information
- For providing and proposing information on our products and services
- For sales of our products and services, or any other work related thereto
- For research and sending questionnaire on our products and services (including subsequent contacts)
- For providing customer support and product maintenance services
- For performing contracts with customers and business partners
- For contacting or inquiring of customers and business partners
- For contacting or inquiring of stockholders
- For employee recruitment and management
- For contacting or inquiring of retired employees
- For product development
- For providing OEM, ODM and other services (including hardware development and manufacturing, software development, and maintenance services)*
- * Personal Information relating to the services is not subject to customer's right for disclosure, correction, or discontinuance of the utilization.
- Note:The content of conversation with the customer may be recorded or monitored to ensure quality service.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third party
NEC Platforms will not disclose to or use jointly Personal Information with a third party unless such disclosure is made pursuant to a lawful requirement, along with entrusting handling of Personal Information, or after obtaining the consent of the person identified by the Personal Information.
About links to websites other than NEC Platforms
On NEC Platforms's websites, there are some Website links that direct the user to NEC Group companies' sites or third party websites for the convenience of the user.
When switching to those sites, said users leave NEC Platforms's websites.
Some Websites linked to NEC Platforms may have an NEC mark (logo). However, NEC Platforms is not responsible for the contents of these Websites, or for the protection of the said user's Personal Information on any Websites linked to NEC Platforms's Websites.
Therefore, NEC Platforms recommends that visitors to Websites linked to NEC Platforms's Websites read their privacy policies before providing Personal Information.
Notice for those under 16 years of age
On NEC Platforms's Websites, there are pages where a technology called "cookies" is used so that visitors may use the website more conveniently when they return to it.
"Cookies" is an industry standard technology by which a Web server identifies the computer of the visitor.
While a cookie enables a Web server to identify the computer of a visitor, it cannot identify the visitor unless they input their Personal Information. Depending on the browser used, a visitor may change the settings to turn off the cookies. However, if the visitor does so, all or part of the services on the website may become unavailable.
On NEC Platforms's Websites, there are pages where a technology called "Web beacons" ("clear GIF") is used. The beacons help us to determine how many times a page has been viewed. Statistical data collected by Web beacons is generally used to improve NEC Platforms's Websites.
On NEC Platforms's Websites, there are pages where a tool is generally used to perform statistical analysis of user behavior. Information collected by this statistical tool is generally used to improve NEC Platforms's Websites.
Personal Information protection management
The company executive who takes charge of the Personal Information protection management is assigned as the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO).
Inquiry contact regarding Personal Information/contact for complaints
For Personal Information handling, please get in touch with the contacts described at the time of registration.
If you do not know whom to contact, please get in touch with the inquiry contact regarding Personal Information.
NEC Platforms will respond after confirming the details.