Updated: February 4, 2021
NEC Platforms believes that data privacy and protection are important issues.
At NEC Platforms, we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about the collection and processing of personal data.
NEC Platforms may collect your business contact information such as name, business contact details, position or title from offline registration form that NEC Platforms collects via events or other promotions.
Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data
- To respond to inquiries.
- To respond to requests (such as by providing materials or information, or returning verification results).
- To introduce or relay information about companies (NEC Group companies, NEC Platforms distributors, etc.) that deal with NEC Platforms products, services, and solutions.
- To provide information or publicity materials about NEC Platforms products, services, and solutions.
- To provide information about events such as seminars and exhibitions.
- To conduct surveys and analysis, and analyze website access trends so as to improve products and services.
- To contact customers.
Overseas Transfer of the Personal Data
NEC Platforms manages and operates this inquiry site in Japan.
- Your personal data will be sent to Japan when you agree to the submission of personal data entered into forms such as for contacts and inquiries.
- As of January 23rd, 2019, Japan has been recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection of personal data.
- NEC Platforms manages the personal data with which it is entrusted through the appropriate implementation of security measures such as access identification and authentication, restrictions on access, authority management, record-keeping, protection against illegal software, and safe procedures for transferring and transmitting data.
Categories of the Personal Data
Personal data includes name, occupation, organization name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, residential country or area, inquiry categories, inquiry subject, inquiry details, access logs, cookies and other information collected upon your visit to this website.
Period for Which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purpose for using it.
Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right with regard to the personal data which you provide as follows:
By offering various Internet-related products, services, and solutions, NEC Platforms contributes to society as a global leading company which realizes an "information society friendly to humans and the earth" through innovation.
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (NEC Platforms)
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs.
Statutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of the Personal Data
Provision of the personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide personal data, it may not be possible to respond to some inquiries.
Non-existence of Decision-making Based Solely on Automated Processing
The access log for this website undergoes analysis, however, we do not make decisions that might affect you based solely on automated processing of the personal data that you provide, including profiling, in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior.
If you are under the age of 16, please make sure you provide your personal data to NEC Platforms ONLY AFTER obtaining consent given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over you.
Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
On NEC Platforms's Websites, there are pages where a technology called "cookies" is used so that visitors may use the website more conveniently when they return to it.
"Cookies" is an industry standard technology by which a Web server identifies the computer of the visitor.
While a cookie enables a Web server to identify the computer of a visitor, it cannot identify the visitor unless they input their Personal Information. Depending on the browser used, a visitor may change the settings to turn off the cookies. However, if the visitor does so, all or part of the services on the website may become unavailable.
On NEC Platforms's Websites, there are pages where a technology called "Web beacons" ("clear GIF") is used. The beacons help us to determine how many times a page has been viewed. Statistical data collected by Web beacons is generally used to improve NEC Platforms's Websites.
On NEC Platforms's Websites, there are pages where a tool is generally used to perform statistical analysis of user behavior. Information collected by this statistical tool is generally used to improve NEC Platforms's Websites.
About our privacy practices
NEC Platforms obtains, uses and provides personal information properly based on Japanese Industrial Standard's "Personal Information Protection Management Systems - Requirements (JISQ 15001)". NEC Platforms assigns a person in charge of protecting personal information at each of its relevant divisions, taking account of its organizational structure. Among other things, NEC Platforms takes appropriate measures not to handle personal information other than for the specified purposes.
NEC Platforms abides by the laws, regulations and guidelines of Japan pertaining to the protection of personal information.
NEC Platforms makes efforts to implement, through the adoption of necessary and appropriate security measures, the security control of personal information handled by NEC Platforms, including protection from disclosure, loss or damage.
NEC Platforms appropriately responds to complaints and requests for consultation with respect to NEC Platforms's handling of personal information and its personal information protection management system. Please contact the designated person or place for inquiries.
NEC Platforms makes efforts to continuously improve its personal information protection management system, including this policy.
Established : April 1, 2004
Revised : June 7, 2019
Representative Director,Operating Officer and President